Monday, September 22, 2008

Staying Busy

Busy is a word that describes my life right now. Thats a good thing. Starting with my family...out of the 5 of our 8 kids that are home....Tim(15) and Drew(14) are in High school band. Drew is also in Cross country. Alex and Zach (7 years) are in mini football and have 2 practices a week plus a game. Dave is an assistant coach, so we can't miss any of them. Elise (7 years) is in mini cheerleading and practices also twice a week (thank goodness they are on the same night!!). She doesn't always cheer for her brothers, so on Saturdays we sometimes have 2 different games to go to. I have my older Drew's 23rd birthday this week, so everyone is coming over for dinner including my father and my brother. We will have 11 people here. Oh yeah and we are going to put our house on the market soon and at least try to buy another house here in Johnstown that is bigger. With the market the way it is we aren't holding our breath for that to really happen...but it never will happen if we don't try. Ok...thats the home life.
Now the business life. I work part time in the pediatricians office. It is only about 6 days a month..but it always seems like I am too busy to go! Hee hee Then my organizing business I have been working several days a week and its going well. I am also selling my pouchees on line, which that doesn't take up too much time...but I still have to stay on top of the orders and check in with the couple stores I also have them in. My button business is at the baby stages. I am still working on the computer software to do them on the computer, right now I am doing them by hand. (Which I like...but I want to be able to put pictures in them. ) Now I have taken on the Tomboy tools. That was a completely unexpected business. I just felt like these were really nice tools and made so nice..its a newer company and thats when you want to get into a company that is growing right?
So many things on the front. I am enjoying everything (except getting the house ready to sell and the thought of keeping it show ready with 5 kids and 2 dogs!!).
I think that keeping yourself busy is really important for your emotional health. Plus being able to do things you enjoy is a luxury I think!

No comments: