Sunday, August 16, 2009

Construction Zone - Beware!


Construction Zone is happenin' in my house!! No...I am not having a room addition or house torn down...but
Construction Zone #1 - I am in the process of trying to switch over to Wordpress with my blog! LOL (I am having difficulties!) But I still hope it will be by Tuesday at the latest.
I have made a list of all the things I want to add and what I am having trouble with. I have been putting in many many hours this weekend on it though.

Construction Zone #2 - Remodeling bedrooms is another construction zone going on in our home. Not only are we remodeling one teens bedroom with the help of Your Zone from Walmart, but we are putting the other teen in an unfinished room in the basement (the Man Cave as he calls it). So we are working to finish a room with a closet under the stairs, peg board on the walls..painted basement ceiling rather than finished..you get the picture. (Actually I will have some pictures coming soon).
But with the Walmart bedroom, I have everything ready to go with the room make over except a Your Zone desk and comforter. (The above picture is a hint at what is to come!!....it will be soooo cool) There is a glitch in the system to order and I can't order them. I do have to say that Walmart was very responsive to the problem. Evidently, it is just problem in my area because of some kind of tax change. They will be able to change it with the next web change on the 20th, so that is when I will order them! So my project is going to be a few days late.
Bold
Construction Zone #3 -To top it off I also got a blackberry curve phone. This is ultimately a good thing, but I have never had phone with the internet. I have heard there is a learning curve with the curve. (Maybe that is why they named it that? LOL) For me any kind of learning curve with technology is a big deal. One of my older boys who has a blackberry came over to do a hands on tutorial with me. I watched the DVD that came with it to set it up and that helped. (I wish I had one of those to do everything I need for Word Press! But I am still learning how to use my phone. (But will be thrilled when I have it down).


Construction Zone #4 - Summer is over and school starts on Wednesday of this week. Getting back into the school routine instead of summer routine is transition too. We not only have school...we have 5 kids who are all involved in things. The two oldest have marching band practices and all their performances. One of those two also is on the cross country team. Meets start Saturday.
The triplets are in football and cheerleading. My husband is the boys assistant coach. At least football and cheerleading practices are on the same nights. Those are Tues and Thurs. Games will be Saturday and Sunday and those are not at the same times.
I can't imagine trying to handle all this without my palm pilot. (I am trying to switch that over to my Blackberry...but so far it won't work.)

I have hate when things are "out of order", I get frustrated when I can't figure them out, as I am sure many of you do too. The routine gets interrupted and it can throw everything out of whack.

But handling the chaos when things are in transition can be tough.

Join me tonight on MomTV at 8:30pm est to discuss more of how to handle things when they aren't going the way you expected.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a good common sense article. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resouces about this part. It will certainly help educate me
burun estetigi