Sunday, August 16, 2009

Share my Recipe Sunday - Butterscotch Cake




I am giving my Gem of the Week Award to SnoWhite (isn't that cute?) from "Finding Joy in My Kitchen."
This cake looks soooo good! She gives the step by step pictures (which I love) to making this cake. You will have to go see the whole process. You can see it very simply by clicking HERE.


This cake is delicious. Reminds me of a butterscotch brownie, only in cake form. Yum. I found this recipe through Ultimate Recipe Swap, hosted each Thursday by FishMama. Let me tell you... I have found so many wonderful recipes through her carnival and other recipe-swap memes that I don't think I ever need to buy another cook book!

Butterscotch Cake* - Modified from Sweet and Simple Mama

Cake
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
1/2 C applesauce
7 T brown sugar, packed
1/3 C white sugar
3 eggs (I used two eggs and 1 egg white)
1 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 T heavy whipping cream


Frosting
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C cold water
1/2 + 1/8 C whipping cream
3-4 oz cream cheese

SNOWHITE
*************************************************************************************

You can join in Share my Recipe Sunday by adding your name to the Mr. Linky. You can grab my button and put it on your post. Be sure to link Mr. Linky directly to your recipe on your blog (not your home page) and link the button and your post back to Share My Recipe Sunday on my blog. You may earn my Gem of the Week award too.

3 comments:

Mangerati said...

Sandy,

I have a lot of butterscotch recipes on my website (no pics though) feel free to browse!

How does that Mr. linky thing work?

Family Balance Sheet said...

I entered #84 incorrectly...I didn't put the link to the actual recipe...sorry for inconvenience

amy said...

wow, what a great looking cake. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks,Amy