Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Work On It Wednesday


Donna from Zookeeping 101 (formerly Stop and Visit the Zoo) has been keeping up with Work on It Wednesday and I wanted to recognize her efforts! She has already won my Gem of the Week Award (but consider this x2!!)
She is taking a small task each week and doing her best to work on it. They aren't entire rooms or a whole house make over in 5 hours. Last week was having a stuffed animal hospital day and mending her childrens torn stuffed animals. (She is better than I, if they have a hole in them...all the better reason to toss them in my book. But if it is a favorite that is really special I wouldn't do that.)
This week she is working on clearing off her dresser! This is great.
If you take smaller tasks that are manageable you will have success and be more motivated to keep going.
There will always be organizing to do, kind of like laundry...even if you get the big organizing done, there is maintenance to keep up with.
I have a bathroom closet that is dying for reorganization. Since I have started couponing, I have a few (yes I will say the word) stockpiled ...no, how about "extra" items to store and need to make some room.
Go check out Donnas blog. Oh...and look at her basement pantry pictures. This is how you feed a family with 9 children!

Add your name to Mr. Linky if you would like to participate in Work on it Wednesday.


3 comments:

Donna B said...

Thanks Sandy!

This season of my life is definately one of doing what I can when I can. All the little things add up to one big thing. I have to keep reminding myself it will all get done and it doesn't have to be all in one day. Trying to tackle that perfection monster is hard thing.

L Harris said...

I worked on my basement laundry / toy room yesterday. It's so nice now. Today I hope to tackle the bedroom (the 3 older girls sleep in the same room). We'll see. One small task at a time.

♥ Joanna said...

I might not blog what I do, but I do vow to "work on it" on Wednesdays (or Tuesdays, if I'm working all day on Wednesdays!)