Saturday, June 6, 2009

Share my Recipe Sunday - Annie with Crockpot Swiss Steak



I have to say that when I think of Swiss Steak, I think of a thin tough piece of meat that my mom used to fix. But I love meat cooked in the crockpot. It just falls apart in your mouth. So it just makes sense that the swiss steak would be really good in the crock pot.
I am giving Annie from Annies Home the Gem of the Week award.

Join us on Sundays for Share My Recipe Sunday. Pick up the badge on the sidebar and post a recipe you like on your blog on Sundays. Come back here and add it to Mr. Linky. You may win my Gem of the Week award! But be sure to visit some of the other blogs listed and pick up some great recipes to try. (click on the badge above for further instruction if needed.)


Swiss Steak


3 T flour
1 t ground mustard
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 lb beef boneless round steak (8 pieces)
2 T oil
Onion, sliced
bell pepper, sliced
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, I like seasoned (un drained)

Mix flour, mustard and salt. Coat beef with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook beef 15 minutes until brown. Place in 3 1/2 to 5 quart crock pot, and top with onion and bell pepper. Mix tomatoes ; pour over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-10 hours.


1 comment:

Alice Audrey said...

I love eating Swiss Steak, but hardly ever make it.