Sunday, July 5, 2009

Share my Recipe Sunday - Sugar Free Peach Crisp



Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker has earned my Gem of the Week again. She has given us a recipe that diabetics can enjoy! My father is a diabetic and loves good desserts...and is thrilled when we can find a good recipe that is sugar free.
Join our Share my Recipe Sunday and add your recipe to the Mr. Linky. Feel free to pick up any recipes to use in your kitchen!

*************************************************************************************

There are a lot of diabetics in my family. It runs in the family. Therefore, I try to make desserts once in a while that everyone can enjoy without as much guilt as usual ;-). This dish isn't terribly sweet and lets the flavor of the peaches shine through. If you choose to use fresh, you may have to alter the time a bit.

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup crystaline fructose
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups sliced frozen peaches
2 tsp minute tapioca
Place peaches in the bottom of a 9 X 9 pan. Sprinkle with tapioca and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Combine oats, flour, fructose, butter and remaining cinnamon in a bowl and combine with a pastry blender until nice and crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches. Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with sugar free vanilla ice cream if desired.
Kristen

3 comments:

♥ Joanna said...

This sounds very delicious!!
But, what is crystalline fructose?

(Also, why is my name listed 3x??)

Organize with Sandy said...

I actually am not sure what the crystalline fructose is, I was going to look into it when I made it. I am sure it is some kind of sugar substitute though.
I don't know why you would be on here 3 times if you didn't put it in. I don't know how to add you in. But you do need to link it directly to your recipe and not your blog. So when someone is looking for your lasagna recipe, they don't have to scroll down for it.
I see you added cookies...yummy!!
Thanks and keep the recipes coming.

Kristen said...

I am really late in thanking you for featuring me again, I apologize for getting here after the fact... You can buy fructose at health food stores. It looks just like white sugar, but is at least 2x sweeter, so you use less. Also, it has a really low glycemic index number, so it doesn't raise blood sugar. Hope that helps.