Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bathroom storage solution



Do you ever wonder what to do with all the little things that us woman need monthly next to the toilet? Well...this is a wonderful solution!!
I have been using this for several years. I have seen it advertised for between washers and dryers (which is also a great idea!), but this is how I have used it. It fits into a pretty slim space.
I use the top for all my "girly" things..and the bottom storage drawer I turned into a trash can. I use a plastic bag to line it...so simple!! Everything I need is right where I need it when I need it.
If you have to share a bathroom with the rest of family or it is the main one in the house that guest would use...you can use contact paper inside the clear lid and keeping the lid closed would hide what is in there.
If you don't need the bottom for a trash can, then you can use that for your supplies and the top could be for extra rolls of toilet paper or even magazines. There can be many uses!

Ok..I had several people ask me where to get this. I had to eat my shoe as I realized I couldn't find it anywhere! (If anyone knows where the one above is, please pass on the information. I bought mine several years back and really had no idea that they weren't around anymore. I had one of my fellow NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers) member give me the link to this one at the Container Store. The cost is $69.00 (which is much more than I would have ever paid for it.) I will keep looking though and if I find something else, I will post it.
Thank you readers for letting me know my errors.
I have had another NAPO member tell me that she has seen them at Home Depot and Lowe's in the appliance section. She didn't find them on the web site though. So if you are interested, that would be another place to try. I know I will.




5 comments:

Felicia said...

Thisis a great idea! This also would come in handy after the birth of a baby. I remember all the "supplies" it required just for me to make a simple stop to the bathroom. My husband created a little "station" for me using a tall cardboard box! LOL! This would have been much more fashionable!

~holly said...

ok, so where do i get one of these things?

Nicole said...

I'm with Holly...where do you get one?? Great idea - I love it!

Your Best Friend said...

I have something similar in all of my bathrooms, but I don't have a space for a trash can, which is totally great! I bought small decorative trunks/boxes, which you would find near the baskets at Tuesday Mornings, Ross, TJ Max... Mine were less than $10 and hold my girly supplies plus I put extra supplies in there as well. They look nice in the bathroom, and yet hide all the things I would keep private.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Can you set a cup of coffee on top? My husband is dying for a shelf in our bathroom. Ugh!

I've seen them cheaper, too. This one is $40 with $3 shipping: http://locatereviews.com/723119460

I'm wondering now if the cheaper ones I saw were wire shelves instead of contained drawers. Hmmm